Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Another Fleece & Jeans Quilt

My middle daughter's Fleece & Jeans quilt is done. 
She loves it, I love it, everyone loves it.


There are a lot of things I love about fleece-and-jeans quilts. The softness, the warm-ness, the heavy-ness.

Here are some of my other favorite things about jeans quilts ...

Embroidered or appliquéd details that were on whatever-garment-that-denim-used-to-be:

Pockets! Every jeans quilt needs some working pockets!

Belt loops! Just for fun, some of the belt loops got preserved in the quilt ..

Did I mention the fun of embroidered details?

I've started looking at thrift-store denim differently: I see something cute embroidered on a denim garment, and I picture it in a quilt! 

So, for my kiddos, that's 4 jeans quilts down, one to go!  

Fabric Tuesday at QuiltStory is another fun place to see fabric projects of all kinds, and I'm linking this post to this week's Fabric Tuesday, as well. (Click the button below for the most recent Fabric Tuesday).

Fresh Poppy Design

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...