Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Vintage English Paper Piecing ...

Progress is happening on the Vintage Diamonds ...



And, while I'm progressing with this step, I'm making layout plans for the next step ...



The center section, in color, is the exact amount of diamond stars I can make with the neat vintage fabric I've got right now. Naturally, I want it to be the centerpiece of a bigger quilt. So, it'll need borders.

I've got a couple of ideas going, so it will be interesting to see which direction I go with the border. (Will it be postage-stamp-nine-patches, or diamond-cubes? Or rows of end-to-end diamonds?) Aaand, it will be interesting to see whether I decide to go with coordinating solids for the border, or whether I talk myself into buying a little more vintage fabric for the border ...

Stay tuned ...

In other news, I've been doing a lot more of this:


Look for another denim-type blog post soon ...


Work In Progress Wednesday at Freshly Pieced is a fun spot to see stitching works in progress ... I'm linking this post there. Check the link or button to see the latest!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Paper piecing! SO much work - good luck. Your quilt is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the vintage hexagon idea. I'm in love with paper piecing too. Looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the paper pieced diamonds. Someday, in the far future, I'll work on one too! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning paper piecing...looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...