Saturday, March 3, 2012

Spring has sprung!

Spring has been springing where I live!

I was delighted at the end of January to discover these cheery flowers blooming in my flowerbed!


It's March now, and I've still got more blooming!


These flowers remind me of Lilies of the Valley, but, as it turns out, they're something different, called Leucojum. Whatever they're called, I like them, and I've seen lots of them growing in other people's flowerbeds, too!



I discovered a big clump of leucojum growing happily on their own a couple of years ago in my back yard. And, I figure, if they grow on their own, without much attention, they sound like a great addition to my flowerbed!

Anyway, it's fun to have spring coming back!


~ * ~
While the earth remaineth,
seedtime and harvest,
and cold and heat,
and summer and winter,
and day and night
shall not cease.
Genesis 8:22
~ * ~


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...