Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Starting a Sudoku Quilt

Here's a project that's gotten from the "in my head" stage to the "on paper" stage ... This is the preliminary work, even though it'll probably be a while before I get this cut out and sewn together.


I'm going to make a Sudoku Quilt. Or quilt top. Or, most likely, mini quilt top. Sudoku Mini Quilt Top.

Here's my stack of 9 fabrics.


I like the neat organization of the numbers in Sudoku puzzles, where every group of 9, every row of 9, and every column of 9, each contains the numerals 1-9 in without repeating within the group, row, column. 

So, to turn the concept into a quilt, the trick is, assign each of your fabrics a number, and arrange them like a solved Sudoku puzzle (or, to be on the safe side, the answer-key to a Sudoku puzzle!)

Here's my layout ...


I'm still thinking about sashing/border colors ... so we'll see what kind of look we end up with.
So far, so good!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...