Saturday, April 14, 2012

Pink Impatiens

For some reason, I love the little pink flower called Impatiens.


I planted some recently in my new shady flowerbed.


Impatiens come in lots of colors, but this particular variety is my favorite. It's probably my favorite because, when I was a kid, I got to pick a houseplant to take care of. Even though it's not strictly a houseplant, this kind of pink Impatiens is what I chose.


I love the way the little buds look like rosebuds. Especially in this sweet pink color.


I'm hoping these Impatiens will thrive in my new flowerbed. We shall see. Maybe someday, I'll be like the lady I once met who had mounds of Impatiens all over her back yard ... apparently, she took cuttings inside every winter, so she'd have plenty to plant outside every spring! 

In the meantime, I'm enjoying even short-lived flowers, and I'm especially grateful for the eternal things that last for ever.


~ * ~
The grass withereth,

the flower fadeth:
but the word
of our God
shall stand for ever.

Isaiah 40:8
~ * ~


1 comment:

  1. I love impatiens! I always pot up a bunch on my covered porch where they bloom happily right through to November!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...