Monday, April 16, 2012

Round English Paper Piecing (sort of)

A few weeks ago, I mentioned starting on a new piece of English Paper Piecing. 
It's been fun. This went together really quickly ... The pieces felt huge, since most of my English Paper Piecing uses much smaller pieces. 



To me, this looks like the centerpiece for a baby quilt gift, but I'm still not sure what I'll do with it. Did I mention how much I love the "round" look it's got, with only straight seams? Love it!


This is as big as this piece gets, because I don't have more of this exact white fabric ... I was using up leftover white fabric from another project. For size reference, here it is on my cutting mat that has 1-inch-grids.





And, here's the back of it, since I think it's nifty that the back of English Paper Piecing stays all neat and tidy ...


My mind is always racing to "the next" English Paper Piecing project, since I love having bits of handsewing to do when I'm relaxing ... 
~ I'm thinking of doing something similar to this with the cute boyish fabric I got to make a baby gift ...
~ I'll update soon on my Vintage Diamonds and my Very Tiny Hexagons ...
~ I think I've found another style to try: Have you heard of the one called Sprocket? Love the look of that ...

I'm linking this post to this week's Little Quilt Monday at Pieceful Life - check the link party there for some really cute, really little quilt projects. Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. I really like this one! I'm a big an of the illusions created!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! You are really doing pretty things with your EPP : )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...