Saturday, May 5, 2012

Saturday Flowers

I've always loved snapdragons. 
There's just something fun about a flower that acts like a puppet. 


When I was younger, my Mexican grandmother was always growing gorgeous flowers in the Arizona desert. She had snapdragons, among other things. And roses galore.


Last year, I planted snapdragon seeds in my front flower beds. Quite a few snapdragon seeds. And last year, I got snapdragon leaves. But, lo and behold, THIS spring, I've got snapdragon flowers showing up on their own, and I'm loving it! (Side note: Same thing happened with my Sweet William flowers ... pictured and  described in this post from last month.)



~ * ~
As for man,
his days are as grass:
as a flower of the field,
so he flourisheth.

For the wind passeth over it,
and it is gone;
and the place thereof
shall know it no more.

But the mercy of the LORD
is from everlasting to everlasting
upon them that fear him,
and his righteousness
unto children's children;

To such as
keep his covenant,
and to those
that remember
his commandments
to do them.

Psalm 103:15-18
~ * ~



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...