Monday, July 23, 2012

What I've been working on ...

I didn't do much quilting last week. 
Any, actually.

In my bits of sewing time, I was working on dresses for my girls to wear to their uncle's wedding.

My youngest daughter already had the dress I'd made her last fall for an aunt's wedding, so I just had to check and repair the little bow/pearl-scallops along the edge ...


For my middle daughter, I worked on this lacy one - it's a dress we already had, but I stitched the lace into little scallops at the lower edge, for a better length and a cute effect ...


I made a purple dress for my oldest daughter, with fabric that she chose and purchased herself ...


When the dresses were all set, the little, middle, and big girl dresses (along with my non-poufy, non-scalloped dress) were hanging on my door, ready for the wedding, which was on Saturday ... I thought it was funny how the dress lengths were staggered just right - so I took a picture. 


So, my husband's brother got married on Saturday. (More specifically, one of my husband's several brothers got married.) The wedding was lovely, and it was also great to see family and friends that we haven't seen in a while. 

On Friday before their wedding, I got the chance to help with some of the wedding flowers - arranging fresh flowers for bouquets! That was neat, and was a new experience for me. But that's another post for another day!

1 comment:

  1. Such pretty hemlines! Love sewing for little girls, there just never seems to be enough time :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...