Tuesday, September 25, 2012

More Reclaimed Textiles

There's just something about those thrift store shirts ...
I do enjoy finding a good deal on shirts and then "turning them into fabric"!

Thrifted shirts turned into fabric

So, I've got some fun ideas what to do with these, once I finish the shirt quilt top I've already got going ...

Fabric cut from Thrift Store shirts

Looks like at least a couple good projects ...

Reclaimed Textiles - Thrifted Shirt fabric

So, for today, my favorite fabric designers are ... Banana Republic, Izod, Old Navy, Dockers, and Roundtree&Yorke, just to name a few! (Yep. They make great shirts, and reclaimed textiles like shirts make great fabric for cost-effective sewing!)

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha!!! Love your statement about your designers. My sheets come with some fancy designers too sometimes;-) What price do you pay on average for the shirts? I would love to make some quilts with shirts. I may have to try San Diego, as all the thrift stores here charge upwards to $6 for a shirt. That is cheap compared to department store prices, but seems high for quilt making. Any tips?

    blessings, jill

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...