Thursday, January 10, 2013

Little by Little on the Shirt Quilt Top

I've had a little Shirt Quilt Top in progress for a while now. Every now and then, I get it out and add a little to it ... 

Here's where it was, just nine-patches and sorta-snowball blocks:


And, today, it looks like the picture below ... I added a scrappy-rectangle border, and a narrow solid border ...
I'm trying to make this whole quilt top out of shirt fabric, resisting the urge to throw in some other handy fabric I have around ... I just think the whole shirt-quilt idea is neat.


This quilt top is still pretty small - thirty-something inches by forty-something, and I want it bigger ... so, I've decided to add a bunch of really cool borders.

Next up: triangles -


I sewed a bunch of these, and pressed them, and trimmed, and trimmed, and trimmed - to make the hundred or so triangle units square!



And I'm still in the process of sewing them together ...


The idea is to put the triangle border all the way around ... so here are a few triangle border bits laid along the top, just to get the idea ...


So far, so good ...








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...