Saturday, April 20, 2013

Spring has sprung!

I'm loving the spring flowers that are coming back, with hardly any help from me!
And, since I like to post about garden-y stuff on Saturdays, here are some pictures of some of my latest flowers ...


Last year, I blogged about these pink perennial verbena flowers, which I LOVE! They're blooming again! And, since I love them so much, last fall, I was on the lookout for some more verbena plants in other colors.


So, in the fall, when they were almost done flowering, I got a great deal on a purple verbena, and a red one. I think it's safe to say, they're flourishing.


I'm still partial to the pink flower with the little white center, but I've gotta say: Purple & red in my flowerbed are pretty awesome, too.


These little verbena flowers are becoming the "edge" of this flowerbed that grows leucojum and daffodils early in the springtime, irises right now, and later on, red cannas, orange cannas, and the very occasional calla lily ...



~ * ~ 
Consider the lilies of the field,
how they grow;

they toil not, neither do they spin:
And yet I say unto you,
That even Solomon in all his glory
was not arrayed like one of these.

Wherefore, if God so clothe
the grass of the field,
which to day is,
and to morrow is cast into the oven,
shall he not much more clothe you,
O ye of little faith?
Matthew 6:28b-30
~ * ~ 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...