Saturday, May 25, 2013

Pink flowers on a spike that grow from a bulb ...

So, Saturday on my blog is for flowers ... 
(I'm not sure why. It just works.)
Today's flower is a mystery to me, because I'm not sure what this one is called.


Our neighbors had some of these at the edge of the back of their yard, and they said we could dig one up a couple years ago ...


I thought it was gorgeous, so I dug one up and planted it ... and it's blooming!


It's just one tall spike, with two or three flowers blooming at a time. Nifty.
If you know what this flower's called, jot me a comment so I'll know ...




~ * ~
And God said,
Let the earth bring forth grass,
the herb yielding seed,
and the fruit tree
yielding fruit after his kind,
whose seed is in itself,
upon the earth:
and it was so.
~ * ~



2 comments:

  1. I would like to know what it is, too. I have one in my garden and would like more. They are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I was looking for this flower's name when I found your picture- and now I've found out what it is: gladiolus cummunis "byzantinus" I thought it looked like a gladiolus, but didn't know some bloom so early.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...