Monday, July 29, 2013

English Paper Piecing, Tiny Style

This past week, I didn't make any new tiny flowers. (Nor did I sew any vintage diamonds!) But I did stitch some tiny flowers into usable "groups" of two flowers plus two white hexagons. 

Susana Neiger's Very Tiny English Paper Piecing Hexagons

I'm still not sure what order the flowers will go in, or exactly how many more I'll make, so putting the flowers into groups is a step in the right direction, while still giving me the flexibility to rearrange.

Susana Neiger's Very Tiny EPP Hexagons

When I was sitting with these flowers in my lap, I asked one of the kids for my tape measure. Apparently, Dad's tape measures were easier to find than Mom's, since this is the tape measure I promptly got. :-) So - this layout is about 8 inches wide already! With a few white hexagons around the sides, and another row or two of hexagon flowers, I should have an 8" x 10" frame full of tiny hexagons soon! 

I'll be linking this post to this week's Monday Morning Star Count at Life Under Quilts, which is one of the blogs that continually inspires my English Paper Piecing. 

I tried writing this post with the Blogger app on my phone ... but it wouldn't publish. And then it disappeared. Now, as I type this (on the computer), it's showing up on my phone's blogger app. So ... if a similar post (or three) turns up later on, that's why.


11 comments:

  1. So many hexagons in so few inches! Your tiny flowers are precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soooo cute, are they quarter-inch-size? I bought the papers for them but couldn't bring myself to trying out yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are those ever pretty! I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohmigoodness! Whatever you do with these will be quite remarkable...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! These are so precious, but I imagine they are time consuming being so small!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hexies are so cute. Looks so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is some serious dedication, those are some tiny pieces. My friends think mine are small, 3/4". I may have to show them yours. :) The more I keep quilting, the more I have a desire to accomplish small things. No real reasoning behind it, just think in miniature is adorable. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I make doll quilts; these would be a perfect size, but, do I have the patience? The white really makes the prints shine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your little hexagonflowers are very cute.
    Which size have the hexagon?

    Greetings, Manuela from Germany.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They're so sweet. I love hexies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What is the best way to quilt these tiny hexes? They seem too small to stitch inside them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...