Monday, July 8, 2013

Progress on English Paper Piecing

Progress is happening on the English Paper Piecing vintage-inspired diamonds. As you can see in the picture below, the border is a lot more symmetrical than it was last week. Once I finish that row on the left side, I'll probably start on a row of colored diamonds all the way around. Then more white/cream ...


This project has been going on for nearly two years, but sometimes I put it down for months at a time. Early posts are here and here, and more are in the "English Paper Piecing" label in the blog sidebar.


I'm really pleased with how this is turning out. I love the colorfulness, and the vintage-inspired-ness, and the fact that I can work on it when I'm sitting & relaxing.


I'm also loving the subtle variations in color & texture in the white-cream section. I'm placing the whites/creams in a semi-random arrangement, using a variety of whitish solids & whitish woven-in textures.


The very teeny hexagon project is pretty much at the same place as it was last week.


I'm linking this post to this week's Monday Morning Star Count at Jessica's Life Under Quilts blog ... 

4 comments:

  1. lovely, lovely, lovely!!

    Thanks for visiting me today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the subtle variety of whites that surround the delicate prints.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All this different whites and chreams are gorgeous! Who there were some many! This lokks absolutly lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your border. I almost think an entire quilt of them would be worth doing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...