Monday, October 14, 2013

More Serged Kitchen Towels & Washcloths

I've decided that I really like the weight & feel of cotton tablecloths made into kitchen linens.
So, I've been at it again. (I've done this before ...)


The beige ones above are small washcloths. Twenty-something, from a tablecloth.
And then, there were blue ones ... which gave me the perfect opportunity for using my newest variegated thread ...


Awesome. I love it.


So, now I've got a great stack of pretty blue kitchen towels with serged edges.


The variegated effect is fun - did I mention that I love this thread? (And, no, nobody is paying me mention it.) I never really gave much thought to variegated thread, until a friend quilted some little hearts on a baby quilt for my daughter - in variegated thread. That was several years ago. Then, recently, quilting with variegated thread was discussed in this post at Jo's Country Junction


Anyway, I'm liking the variegated threads I've used, here and on this project.

What I really want to try this blue variegated thread on is quilting The Shirt Quilt Top that I finished a year ago. Remember this one? I had fun finding an interesting way of putting it together.


Anyway, the plan is free-motion quilting in blue, all over this blue quilt, with navy blue backing, and the same variegated thread on the back ... I'm liking it already!

1 comment:

  1. Susana Neiger - What a great Idea on Washcloths. What model is the Seger?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...