Tuesday, April 1, 2014

T-Shirt Baby Quilts

I've discovered that T-shirts make really soft, cozy quilts!


I mentioned a different T-shirt quilt a couple months ago (see post here).


I made two little quilts recently for my two newest nieces ... they're not sisters, but they were born just weeks apart, so I'm thinkin' they'll be good friends growing up.


I had fun with the quilting on these ... a regular free-motion meander, with little hearts here and there.


With my machine set up for free-motion quilting, I've discovered that it's remarkably easy to stitch in some lettering to personalize the quilt a bit.


I just draw the lettering on with my handy-dandy wash-out fabric marker, then stitch (more or less) on the lines, and then water-spray to wash out the marker. It's not perfect, but it works!


And I think it makes the quilts a little more personal.


Soft, cozy quilts for sweet little girls!

1 comment:

  1. What perfect quilts for your nieces! The personalization will make them treasures in years to come.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...