Wednesday, January 10, 2018

UFO Report

I'm going to try to report weekly on my progress with UnFinished Objects (UFOs), and I'll be linking each post to the week's UFO Challenge at Jo's Country Junction.

Here's my update for this week:

The little crumb quilts are looking good ... Here's the front of one, and the back of another. More details in an earlier blog post.

ProsperityStuff Crumb Quilt front ProsperityStuff Patchwork Back for crumb quilt

Here's what my Vintage-Inspired EPP looks like right now:


It's hard to tell from this angle, but the two sides to the left of the picture each have two rows of diamonds; the two sides to the right of the picture each have only one row. 

So my first job is to add the 4 dozen diamonds to those edges on the right. 

Then, I'll be deciding what happens to the border from there ... solid fabric? colored diamonds? neutral diamonds? The quilt top is still small ... maybe 36" x 45"?, and I'd like it bigger, but not impossible to finish!

I basted a few neutral diamonds this week, to add to the ones I already had ...

 

And I decided that there should probably be another row of neutral diamonds, and there should definitely be another row of colorful diamonds in the border, so I cut some diamond papers ...


I also cut some fabric ...


And, I took inventory of the already-basted colorful ones I have ...


That's my progress for the week; I'm off to read Jo's blog post and link party to see who else is making progress on quilt-y UFOs this week!

1 comment:

  1. I like the diamonds borders. I have a hexie project that I could use that idea to finish it. thanks

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...